Full Time - Rochester, NY
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is adding to our team! Since 1945, Isaac has been a Western NY leader in providing HVAC services. If you are a highly-motivated individual who can deliver top-quality service while maintaining our highest standards for safety and quality, then send us a copy of your resume today! As a Rochester Top 100 company with six branches, you will be joining a growing company with deep roots in the community and a well-known desirable workplace culture that puts safety and people first
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is looking for an exceptional Warehouse Manager to join our growing Rochester location. Our employees are dedicated to making our customers’ companies safe, energy efficient, and comfortable. If you are a highly-motivated individual who can deliver top-quality service while maintaining our highest standards for safety and quality, then send us a copy of your resume today!
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: VP’S of Residential & Commercial Operations
Reporting to this position: 12+
Purpose: As the Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring the highest quality of work and maximizing productivity of our warehouse, parts, delivery and shop staff. You will provide efficient and effective supervision and coordination of all functions including, but not limited to the parts room, warehouse. delivery, shop, inventory storage and loading dock areas. The Warehouse Manager plays a key role in actively communicating between assigned personnel as well as interacting with commercial and residential install teams to ensure supplies and equipment are ready in advance of each job.
- Supervise the warehouse, parts, shop and delivery staff and manage the day-to-day operations.
- Partner with team members to plan, develop, and implement warehouse safety, security, inventory management, and work-flow procedures.
- Partner with field management team to ensure all jobs are pulled properly to maximize efficiencies to ensure the timely dispatch of field personnel
- Ensure the accuracy of the inventory and assist in conducting cycle counts and physical inventory audits
- Track and coordinate the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
- Ensure warehouse, shop and truck bays are clean, organized and safe.
- Train/coach/mentor personnel, as needed
- Ensure quality and safety objectives are met
- Ensure data accuracy within the company software program to provide up-to-date reports on use, age, and cost of inventory.
- Partner with all departments to meet and exceed customers’ service expectations
- Attend supervisor and department meetings, as required
- All other duties, as assigned by Manager
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Directing & Controlling
- Planning & Organizing
Essential Job Functions per the ADA
Mental &Physical demands and work environment: : The characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by a person to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions per the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This job description is subject to change and does not restrict management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the person is frequently required to traverse throughout the warehouse, office, and outside while operating a forklift, pallet jack, motor vehicle, and occasionally computer or other office equipment. Occasionally ascends/descends stairs to access attic storage. Frequently moves objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Must be able to identify and inspect equipment and parts.
Mental Demands: Must be able to perceive and distinguish emotions in telephone conversations, as well as deal with adversarial confrontations. Requires an ability to concentrate and prioritize multiple tasks at once.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job the noise level is usually moderate. Occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions. Must maintain confidentiality with customer information.
Additional hours are seasonally required and Holidays as needed
Must have reliable attendance and flexible schedule availability
- 2+ years of proven leadership and supervisory experience in Warehouse/Inventory Control
- 3 to 5 years of warehouse or applicable work experience
- OSHA 10 hour course completion
- Valid Driver’s license and acceptable DMV record
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced stressful environment
- Must have experience in computer data entry within databases, spreadsheets, and have the ability to enter data in “real time” quickly and accurately
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to tactfully and diplomatically diffuse contentious situations
- Ability to recognize and establish priorities
- Ability to perform coaching and leadership skills
- Strong customer orientation and communication skills
- Ability to quickly analyze a situation and provide an effective solution
- High performance team player with a commitment to company values
- Ability to maintain safe work practices and adhere to company safety standards
- Ability to become forklift certified
- High school diploma or GED
- Health Insurance, 401K with Company contribution, Paid Vacation
- Steady work 12 months a year
- One of the best company cultures from a Rochester Top 100 growing company
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive hourly wage/salary
Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is an Equal Opportunity Employer