Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning is adding to our team! Since 1945, Isaac has been a Western NY leader in providing HVAC services to homeowners. If you are a highly-motivated individual who can deliver top-quality service while maintaining our highest standards for safety and quality, then send us a copy of your resume today! As a Rochester Top 100 company with six branches, you will be joining a growing company with deep roots in the community and a well-known desirable workplace culture that puts safety and people first.
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our growing team. The Payroll Specialist position is part of the growing HR/Accounting team at Isaac Heating & Air Conditioning.
The purpose of this position is to perform payroll tasks to ensure pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government, state, and local regulations.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including pay rates, salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Performs high-level payroll functions such as certified payroll, overtime premium and commission calculations.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices.
- Facilitates audits by providing records and documentation to auditors.
- Identifies and recommends updates to payroll processing software, systems, and procedures.
- Be able to perform the essential functions and physical requirements of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Communication Skills: possesses effective communication skills: oral, written, listening.
- Computer Skill: skilled with computers, takes advantage of new technology, learns new tools such as the intranet quickly, uses technology to enhance job performance.
- Customer Service: works well with employees, promotes a positive image of the company, and strives to solve issues raised by employees.
- Conflict Management: good listener, committed to finding solution to problems, works well with challenging people on a daily basis.
- Positive Attitude: sees challenges as opportunities, focused on the positive versus the negative, knows that situations get better with a positive attitude and genuine effort.